Growing Together Project
Our brief included: De-mystifying the concept of developmental screening, and developing a playable resource to leave with parents that wouldn’t get thrown out.
In all, we developed:
- a friendly logo representing the community around the child (the adults) and the growth of the child (the sapling)
- an illustrated brochure that reads like a children’s book. By designing this like many of the books parents already read to their children, we could get a somewhat touchy message through with a bit of humour. The story includes 10 panels, each with a new event to highlight. The timeline ambiguous, so parents won’t worry if their child is a month behind, but will have the information to get help if they need it.
- a 38 inch tall poster to post in Doctor’s offices for referrals
- a postcard to support and remind about clinics, and
- a letterhead (a black & white Word template, in reality)
Client: Red Deer Downtown Business Association
Service Area: Central Alberta