Changes at Redpoint
In 2017, Redpoint partnered to create Symbra, a brand-centric business transformation agency. As a result, Redpoint will not offer graphic design (print, advertising, tradeshow) or website design services going forward. If you are looking to transform the trajectory of your business, contact Symbra to start a conversation.
If your project is illustration based, or is an indoor/outdoor interpretive exhibit, please drop Redpoint a line.
This is Redpoint.
Small, Resourceful, Capable.
Redpoint has been around since 2006, but Brian Olstad got his feet wet pre-Y2K doing paper paste-up in the nineties. The studio has been both big and small in its tenure, but commitment to clients has never wavered. In 2017, Brian partnered to form Symbra, and Redpoint operates on a limtied basis currently.
Redpoint is most effective when empowered to creatively translate communications objectives into visual tools. And to do that we listen. We listen to our clients’ stories and visually tell them through design.
Designing XY & Z
We work to spark new ideas, and as a bridge between vision & deliverable. Illustrator, or photographer … we’ve had years honing skills that generate great looking products. Yes, our task is to design stuff, write things and make stuff, but it’s vision that sets us apart – the ability to see the big picture in your organization and articulate that visually with solid creative.
Things We Do
We recognize that almost all creative projects are multi-faceted, but we offer:
- Custom illustration – mascots, cartoons, activity books and other fun stuff;
- Interpretive exhibits – creative & design; and
- Photography – as it relates to our other services.
Small but capable, we take our clients’ objectives and translate them into visual solutions.
What they say about us …
Award Winning Design
- 2015 “Best Animation” Marketing Association for Credit Unions Mobile Banking Campaign, Mountain View Credit Union *In Partnership with CoreBrand
- 2013 Merit Award (International Downtown Acheivment Awards) Rosie Red Character Development
- 2010 Platinum Marcom The City Of Red Deer Inside Out Newsletter
- 2010 Platinum Marcom The City Of Red Deer RISE Poster
- 2010 Platinum Marcom The City Of Red Deer Strategic Plan
- 2007 Gold Paragon Red Deer College Summer Series of the Arts catologue
- 2007 Silver Paragon Red Deer College Sumerscapes Brochure
- 2007 Bronze Paragon Red Deer College Welcome Back Alumni Logo
But … what is a Redpoint?
A Redpoint is a term from rock climbing – and represents the completion of a project you’ve been working on, without failing. Your “Redpoint“ is the successful completion of a climb you hadn’t previously done. Since I want to do two things – design things and climb things, and … ok, three … draw cartoons, it was appropriate for me to draw a line between two of the things I love. In design, I consider the “Redpoint” the completion of an idea. So you could say your award winning new creative is actually Redpoint Creative.
So you could say your award winning new creative is actually Redpoint Creative.